Re: Why Not Give References?

I think when some use info (not common knowledge to us) from a book, article,
etc., they should give enuff info. so the reader may find it easily. Strict
form is unnecessary, tho. the date may be necessary, as in many cases the
material referenced is usually on a different page or missing in a different
edition.

bc who has been guilty of ignoring this (among other things), but intends to
improve his karma, and has occasionally taken some time to verify and reference
his claims.

Rick Tarara wrote:

List Serves ARE NOT scholarly journals--nor should they be. This is a free
and open discussion forum. If you want to provide 10 references for
everything you post--that's fine, but please don't expect, demand, or even
cajole the rest of us to do the same. Most of us are not retired, don't
have software to generate the references, and certainly don't have the time
to dig up formal references for every (or any) posts.

That's my $.02

Rick

(Who was shocked the other day that Dick _almost_ agreed with me! I think
it surprised him as well! ;-)

cut