Re: Surplus weather balloon source?

A google search showed up with

<http://www.advertisingballoons.com/>
This is a commercial company offering off the shelf:
12 ft hot air shaped helium = $420

But much much better would be sweet talking the National Balloon Facility
at Palestine TX out of a big mylar (They go to 300 ft diam, though that
size is spendy...)

Scientific Balloon Base
Operated by NASA. Balloons are launched to study the upper atmosphere and
outer space. Tours by arrangement with PR officer at base.

Palestine TX
Voice Phone
903-729-0271

Regards