Re: wrong physics explanations-misconceptions

Have you seen

URL:http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/BadScience.html

cheers

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002,
schwarz wrote:

I am teaching a new course called Physics in Motion - they learn
physics through video taping things around them. The class is all
freshman and they must do alot of writing about physics. I am trying
to find some articles/stories that have some "wrong" physics
explanations and or physics misconceptions in them. Can anyone point
me to some? I will then have them rewrite the article with "correct
physics" explanations. Stuff on the internet or in
magazines/newspapers that they could find would be really great. If
anyone has any suggestions please email me.

Cindy Schwarz

p.s. I am currently only looking for things involving
motion/kinematics/dynamics

schwarz@vassar.edu

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. 574-284-4662
Associate Professor of Physics