Seeking high school teachers and students to test new lab activities

Dear Science Educator,

I am seeking teachers of high school physical science
or Earth science courses who are interested in field
testing lab activities from a new physical science
program with their students. We would prefer to have
the activities tested with whole classes. However, it
may also be possible to test some labs with smaller
groups.

Teachers who participate in this project will be paid
for their contributions and have their names listed in
the program credits.

Briefly, here is how the work will proceed:

Field testers will be sent copies of the student and
teacher pages for a chapter’s four lab activities.
The purpose of field testing the activities is to see
how they work as written. For this reason, it is
important to carry out the activities as written, even
if you have ways to improve them. You will receive a
form to complete and return with your comments on how
the activities went.

We’ll also need you to send us some typical student
papers from the activities (originals or copies).
There are 26 chapters in the book; you may receive
additional chapters after you've completed the first
one.

If you or someone you know would be interested in
participating in this project, please e-mail me at
sci_educ@yahoo.com as soon as possible. I will respond
with more information about the project.

In your e-mail message, please include the following
information:

1) Your name, daytime phone and fax numbers, mailing
address, and e-mail address.

2) The periods of time in 2002-03 (fall, winter,
spring semester, etc.) that you will be teaching this
course. Unfortunately, we will not be able to work
with full-year chemistry or physics classes; they are
too advanced for our activities. We are actively
seeking teachers of grade 9 or 10 physical science,
general science, or Earth science.

3) A list of the topics you expect to cover each
month, so we can send you the appropriate activities
a few weeks before your class covers the relevant
topics.

Many thanks,

The Lab Editor
sci_educ@yahoo.com