Re: Developmental stages of thinking (4:reason; connected knowing)

I for one would like to thank Jane for her synopsis. The obvious
differences between boys and girls are seldom explored well. While research
shows the differences, a good model for why these differences exist is not
always proposed. Just today I noted that the boys promptly went over to
spin the blades of the fan carts while the girls did not touch them until
after they had read the instructions.

James Thurber proposed that girls had to physically fondle things if they
like them. However the reverse is usually true. Boys have to physically
handle objects and play with them.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX