Re: Quote about Poisson distribution

Wrong! at least four.

my first (changed) reference http://www.msu.edu/~utz/science.htm claimed only
one.

bc from whom was stolen ( ca. 1978, burglary) a pane of Einstein stamps --
bad memory!

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Yes, according to: http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~redish/Money/ ,
only one, plus one on a US note. I used it (stamp) as one of the
illustrations for the oil drop xpt. instruction (UCSC adv'd lab.).

Pop quiz: what is the value of the bill on which is a likeness of a
Physicist?

I thinks the US respects plutocrats more than scientists / mathematitions --
recent pics may presage a change.

bc Who has the Newton and Curies notes.

Keith Tipton wrote:

I think we've had stamps with famous physicists. I don't know of streets
offhand, but I would expect to see some in the scientists' hometowns.