Re: workshop physics excel tools

Aaron and others--

Version 5.1 of WPTools does work with the recent versions of Excel. I
use it with Excel XP (a.k.a. Excel 2002). The tools are a LOT faster
than using the native graphing in Excel.

The catch is that you have to be sure that you enable macros in your
excel worksheets. If you have gone overboard in your security settings
(such as disabling all macros) then the WPTools won't work. (That's not
too surprising--they're macros!)

The download page at dickinson.edu is indeed broken. I'll let Priscilla
know.

JEG

There was, however, a problem with WPTools using Office 2000 on a
Macintosh. Our local Excel guru discovered that the problem came
from a bug in the Mac version of Excel and provided a fix for us. I
alerted Priscilla who had learned about this problem from someone
else and she had also produced a modified version. I don't know if
she has posted it yet.

Dennis

Dennis E. Krause Office: Armory, Rm. 101B
Asst. Prof. of Physics, Chair e-mail: kraused@wabash.edu
Department of Physics Fax: (765) 361-6340
Wabash College Phone: (765) 361-6181
Crawfordsville, IN 47933

http://www.wabash.edu/depart/physics/faculty/krause.html