Re: The college lecture may be fading - forward from Donald Bligh

Please excuse this cross-posting to discussion lists with archives at:

Chemed-L <http://mailer.uwf.edu/archives/chemed-l.html>,

EVALTALK <http://bama.ua.edu/archives/evaltalk.html>,

Math-Teach <http://mathforum.org/epigone/math-teach>,

Phys-L <http://lists.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html>,

PhysLrnR <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/physlrnr.html>,

POD <http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/pod.html>

The APPENDIX contains a forward from Donald Bligh. Because Bligh is
not a subscriber to any of the above lists, as of 6 Sep 2002
12:00-0700) his message had gotten through only to to subscribers of
Math-Teach, PhysLrnR, and POD (by courtesy of the list managers).

Bligh's message corrects and extends my previous erroneous reference
to his book "What Is the Point in Discussion?" and references his
valuable book "Understanding Higher Education: An introduction for
parents staff, employers, and students."

Even though Bligh's message was received by subscribers to
Math-Teach, PhysLrnR, and POD, I'm forwarding it again to those lists
in order to correct Bligh's suggestion that my referencing error was
due to a jumping eye:

"Richard - I think your eye jumped a line looking at Amazon."

My misreferencing of "What Is the Point in Discussion?" was NOT due
to a line-jumping eye, but to an ERROR BY AMAZON (not uncommon), as
can be seen by bringing up AMAZON's reference to "What Is the Point
in Discussion?" at

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1871516692/qid=1031065355/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/103-2206815-8245428?v=glance&s=books>.

Today I alerted AMAZON regarding their error but I'm not holding my
breath until they correct it.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
APPENDIX