Re: Radiation Units

I add: rem is Röntgen equivalent man, obtained by quality factor * rad
some confusion as RBE also used (relative biological effect). The QF
varies with the type of radiation and with energy.

see: http://www.fda.gov/ora/inspect_ref/itg/itg44.html

for better definitions and a conversion table.

Marie Curie also died from radiation exposure.

bc

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Hi Tina:
Let my try to make sense out of it. Historical approach is
probably the best in this case. I will not consult books for
numbers or conversion factors.

1) It started in 1920's when it was discovered that, on the
average, English radiologists died earlier than other doctors.

cut