From: "Tim O'Donnell" <odonnt@CELINA.K12.OH.US>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Is this OT?

While it may be possible that such things as
uniforms can
defuse some problems, and residential schools
may enhance
performance slightly, research based curricula
can have such
a large effect that other factors pale by
comparison.

I wouldn't disagree with the above a bit. Other
things can
and do have bigger impacts. In the State of Ohio,
like
most states we give proficiency tests. The highest
correlation that I have seen is score versus
zipcode.

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis
Pasteur