Re: scholarship needed for Kenyan college engineering student

Let me endorse Jane Jackson's plea for scholarship funds for ACESS.
If you regularly contribute to charities (like the United Way, for
example) you should know that there are dissipative processes in
the system that prevent some of your contribution from reaching the
intended beneficiary of your generosity. Middlepersons reduce the
efficiency of the transfer process. I have determined that ACESS is
a highly efficient and very discriminating transfer mechanism by
means of which one may get contributions to needy and capable
students in a desperately poor country. I can think of few more
effective ways in which to use my money in an attempt to improve
the state of the world's human population.

Leigh