Re: left/right symmetry, manifest or not

I wrote:

I wouldn't blame the cross product. I would say the
*coordinate system* is
flipped in the mirror and the cross product follows suit.

to which John S. Denker responded:

I do blame the cross product, because without the cross
product, flipping the coordinate system wouldn't have
any effect on the way we write the laws of physics
(excluding weak nuclear interactions).

OK, but am I correct in stating that the cross product follows the RHR only
because we use a right-handed coordinate system?

Robert Cohen; rcohen@po-box.esu.edu; 570-422-3428; http://www.esu.edu/~bbq
Physics, East Stroudsburg Univ., E. Stroudsburg, PA 18301