From: Bob Sciamanda [mailto:trebor@VELOCITY.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 1:09 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: left/right symmetry, manifest or not

If I may add another novice's appreciation,
Draw two (non-parallel) vectors (A and B) from a common
vertex on a sheet
of paper.
Now look at this in a mirror. If you define and represent the cross
product AxB as a (pseudo) vector following the right hand rule in the
"real world", the reflected objects will follow the left hand
rule in the
"mirror world".
OTOH, if you define and represent the wedge product by a directed
(circulation) arc going form the tip of A to the tip of B,
this definition
carries over into the "mirror world".