Re: possibly OT: NYT article on GA creationism/evolution debate

I think the uncertainty in the T. of Evolution is only in the details. e.g.
punctuated or not, etc. (bad example, now GRAT)

bc

Jim Green wrote:

It's been a long time since I learned the official
heirarchy of terms like "theory", "law", and "hypothesis",
but I wish someone would come up with something
better than "theory". No matter how many times we
explain that is shouldn't carry a connotation of
uncertainty, it always does.

This is a curious statement. Could someone please give an example or two
of a "theory" which does not have an element of uncertainty.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen