Re: A radiochemical anecdote

Leigh's anecdote reminds me of the cleanest half-life data I ever managed
to get in a school lab. A colleague in the Bio dept had an infant (now a
thriving 10-year-old) with a metabolic disorder that was being diagnosed by
means of a radioactive tracer. We in the physics lab obtained a
urine-soaked diaper which was emitting what I think I recall were X-rays
from an electron capture process at a "healthy" rate. This was left
undisturbed in front of a GM tube for some weeks while we took daily
measurements of the count-rate - the half-life was about 2 weeks (my memory
could be at fault here).

Mark.