Re: Mystery Equipment

----- Original Message -----
From: "S M Ryan" <fizziksweb@YAHOO.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 11:55 AM
Subject: Mystery Equipment

Hello! I have a new job that came with a sizeable classroom and tons of
storage space. I've been going through the storage space and have found
things I can only guess at. I have them posted, and would welcome any help
from more seasoned veterans of the Physics classroom in identifying them.

Hi:

Is A perhaps a first law demonstrator? Balance a ball on an index card on
the brass stem and
use the springy thing to flick the card out from under the ball?

Is K perhaps a vacuum demonstrator? Perhaps it fits into a similar piece,
you pump the air out
and show they can't be pulled apart. The handle suggests this to be,
although the classic demo
is usually done with hemispheres.

Ed Schweber
Physics Teacher