Fwd: Re: "Roadmap" and off-topic chat

From: Chris Horton <chrisahorton2@HOTMAIL.COM>

There are times when I have considered dropping my subscription to Phys-L
because of the endless arguments and debates about Nuclear Power and
[interrupted]

Hey guys sorry for the junk posting.

I did NOT hit the "Send" button, and had decided not to continue this
letter. But since it went out I'll finish it.

[Continuing:] I admit I jump in and shoot my mouth off from time to time
also, but I know at least one passionate high school physics teacher who HAS
dropped off the list because their mailbox is too full of - to them -
useless stuff. This is a shame because this list fills a unique niche.

Then along comes a post like this one from Tim Folkerts which reminds me why
I am here. I will analyze it and respond to the substance of it when I get
the chance. But it is a delight to see and I'm glad I didn't miss it.

In the interest of helping save this list as a resource for teachers I
pledge to refrain from initiating or participating in off-topic
conversations on-list, no matter how interesting they may be. I would
invite others among us who have been using this list as a chat-room - and
you know who you are - to do the same.