Re: nuclear power: abundant? and cheap?

At 15:05 13 08 2002 , the following was received:
Actually, yes, there is quite a bit of peer reviewed evidence that
there is a real global warming effect. There isn't any one definitive
"in-your-face" experiment that proves global warming is there, but rather a
preponderance of evidence using many different lines of reasoning.

Folks, the question is _not_ whether there _is_ "global warming" but what
is the cause?

We are coming out of one of the Earth's periodic glaciations. Of course
there is an increase in the average world temperature --- and that increase
will continue for a few more years ie centuries. This cycle has been going
on for billions of years -- in _my_ memory -- probably before that!

BUT is there any reliable evidence that the so called " greenhouse gasses"
have any appreciable effect on this warming. Yes, there is an increase in
CO2 and, yes, there is an increase in ave temp. Connection??? Physicists
are supposed to be better than what we hear here.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen