Re: Big money in the electrostatics biz

Well, I haven't followed the dispute, but Mr. Thorp's postings read to me
like ads. So I would like to disinvite further such postings.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Vern Lindberg wrote:

It seems to me that Mr. Thorp's postings are blatant spam and should not
be permitted on this net.
Jack Uretsky

Correct me if I am wrong. The first posting regarding this item came
NOT from Mr. Thorp, but from Mr. Beaty. Therefore it does not fit any
rational definition of spam.

I seem to recall that someone (Mr. Beaty?) asked Mr. Thorp to post to
the list rather than work through private communications.

As suggested by critics in earlier postings, Mr. Thorp has modified
his website to include the information on discharging the static by
use of keys, and has made clear that he does not claim expertise in
the area of medicine, but just refers readers to the web. (And we
know how reliable that can be!)

Mr. Thorp's threat of legal action seems to me to be extreme. However
he has a sincere belief in his product, and has been subjected to
postings calling him a quack at best, and a fraud at worst.

I hope that everyone just lets this slide and gets back to posting
subjects with more physics and less economics/medicine/criminal law.

--
"But as much as I love and respect you, I will beat you and I will kill
you, because that is what I must do. Tonight it is only you and me, fish.