Re: Boise: anyone want a smoke-ring gun?

On Tuesday, July 23, 2002, at 12:58 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

P.s. curiously, a small amount of methanol is given to those suffering
ethanol poisoning. This has a similar effect to etOH described below.

I think it's the other way around -- even in small doses methanol
poisoning has some nasty effects (e.g. blindness) due to the toxicity of
the metabolites (formaldehyde being the one that messes with the optic
nerve, I think). Ethanol is the treatment.

Mike
---
Michael Porter
Colonel By Secondary School