Re: Big money in the electrostatics biz

After a private conversation, Mr. Thorp sent me the IP address. I am not
sure why my ISP (Mindspring) cannot correctly lookup the name on the domain
name server, but in any case, here is the IP address.

<http://202.47.38.114/20020716Q02.html>

I obviously withdraw my comment that it may be a virus. Still, might I
suggest that you simply have posted your complaint to the list? Nothing in
the document is particularly needing of html. This would give you several
advantages. First, you more likely to be taken seriously by the list who has
ocassionally run across postings that look mundane but contain viriuses as
part of their links. Just posting your complaint would obviate many people
from worry and greatly increase the likelyhood that someone would read your
concern. I only clicked on the location because I have a Mac, and html
viriuses can't be spread to Macs in that way.

Second and more importantly, if you posted your complaint directly to the
list, then anyone who did a search wouldn't just find Bill's message, but
would also find your response. While some have buckled to pressure to remove
possibly libelous postings, others have refused, and the courts have not
been favorably inclined to help.

Better to respond, especially if you are right. You may convince us that it
is a good product. If so, you can expect a fair number of sales from the
group. I know that a postive discussion of many products have made it into
my classroom, even when the initial discussion was negative. Computer
software comes to mind.

* * *

I am now extraordinarily curious as to how it works. What makes it work
differently than what Bill Beatty suggests? What is component (x)? Or, if
you feel that would give away a trade secret (although reverse engineering
is legal in the US, so if it can be sorted out by disassembling you might as
well tell), what does it do that is different than what a lamp or plain keys
would do?

Is the door model thin? Is it metallic?

Marc "Zeke" Kossover