DataPoint video analysis software (was Re: timing data for falling objects)

This seems a good time to remind everyone that I am offering a *free* video
analysis program called DataPoint, which can be used to obtain position vs.
time data from standard AVI files. Anyone with a video camera and video
capture software in their computer can (probably) create standard AVI files
useable by DataPoint.

DataPoint can be obtained from my website at

http://www.stchas.edu/faculty/gcarlson/physics

Just click on the "DataPoint software" link.

Pardon the frames. I will be reformatting the website without frames this
fall.

BTW, I've received feedback from DataPoint users in Spain, Switzerland, and
the United States. I hope to have a new version this fall incorporating
many of their ideas.

Thanks.

Glenn A. Carlson
gcarlson@xannah.org