Re: degeneracy pressure

Erratum

Oops! I just noticed a nonsense statement I made in my last post
in this thread caused by my accidentally leaving out a verb.

About a third of the way down my post I wrote the paragraph:

Since the particles (supposedly) point particles they can be, in
principle, compressed as close to each other as desired. The only
penalty is that higher densities correspondingly, have higher
degeneracy pressures and require higher applied external squeezing
pressures.

The first sentence here ought to read:

Since the particles are (supposedly) point particles they can, in
principle, be compressed as close to each other as desired.

Also, further down my post there appears the numerical string:

123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789

which separates two other paragraphs. Please ignore this string as
well.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu