Re: NYS Physics Regents exam

At 07:22 AM 7/6/02, John Denker, you wrote:
Bernard Cleyet wrote:

> I question several of the questions or answers, [...]
> especially # 45.

What's wrong with that?....

> The test assumes all incandescent lamps have a positive
> temp. coefficient of resistance,
[...]
If this were a classroom situation I would say "come in tomorrow
with a non-perverse counterexample and I'll give you 10 points
extra credit".

Once upon a time, all incandescent light bulbs had a negative
temperature coefficient of resistance.

It is entirely possible that there are people on the list whose
memory reaches this far. (Though I doubt it :-)

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!