Re: NYS Physics Regents exam

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I question several of the questions or answers,

OK....

especially # 45.

What's wrong with that?
I got the approved answer.

The test assumes all incandescent lamps have a positive
temp. coefficient of resistance,

What's wrong with that?

The instructions mention "the word or expression that, of those given,
best completes the statement or answers the question."

Assuming a positive coefficient seems much better than assuming the
opposite. That's certainly the rule rather than the exception.
-- There is experimental evidence supporting such a rule
-- There is theoretical evidence supporting such a rule:
electron-phonon scattering and all that.

If this were a classroom situation I would say "come in tomorrow
with a non-perverse counterexample and I'll give you 10 points
extra credit".