Re: NYS Physics Regents exam

Before you throw any more brickbats at me and the
other physics teachers of New York it would be a good idea
for you to see a copy of our June 2002 Physics regents exam.

Hey, Herb, I throw no brick. I am sure that you remember that I lived in
Westchester and in Manhattan for several years. Both Brooklyn and
Manhattan have lovely neighborhoods, there is also one or two in The
Bronx. And I miss NYC. Three of my kids were born in Manhattan and
survived NY HSs there -- one still lives there

And I am not addressing the 2002 test. It is the 11% who fail the older
tests that I think comment on the system. For several years I taught some
of those kids after they went to college. And I sometimes used the Regents
Exam questions in class and for test preparation; they still couldn't
answer them in college! The oriental kids had no trouble.

My comments were meant to blame the system not the test.

BTW things were not any better when I moved to NJ. I have since left
matters in John's hands.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen