Re: NYS Physics Regents exam

Jim Green and other New York Detractors

Before you throw any more brickbats at me and the
other physics teachers of New York it would be a good idea
for you to see a copy of our June 2002 Physics regents exam.

Surveys in the past have shown that most physics students in
the rest of our country find it almost impossible to get grades of
85% or better in these rather difficult exams. It shouldn't be too hard
for our high school physics teachers and college professors to do
so, but I'm sure that many will have difficulty.

Copies of past regents exams as well as the "difficult" June 2002 physics

regents exams and teacher scoring keys are available without charge
and can be downloaded and printed directly from the WEB address:
http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/edocs/education/exams/physics:htm

It would be interesting to see how many, if any , of our listserv members
are willing to try one or more of these exams and truthfully report their
scores to us before the summer is over.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(The home of the difficult New York State Regents Physics exams)