Re: Vapor?

True it would be better to ask more open ended questions, but I have a difficult time getting them to answer the more straight forward questions.

What I am trying to do is figure out what they think it is so I know if i need to cover that idea or if they know it suffeciently well so that I don't need to go over it.

Also, most of the questions I ask them, I am trying to draw out their misconceptions.

I am not too succesful at it yet. But I am working on it.

Tina

And moving up a level, maybe it would be better not to
ask for definitions at all. When students spout one-word
definitions, it makes me worry that there's rote learning
going on. <<

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429