Re: Am I nuts? or reviewing for Students

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Tina Fanetti wrote:

It is finals week here at WIT. Today is the last class day. I went =
to my 8am class. Gave back the test. Asked them if they had any que=
stions over anything they got wrong. Any questions about the final? =
Nothing. So my class lasted an entire 8 minutes.

Am I nuts to think that students want to review and might want the co=
rrect answers on an old test? Esp since they could show up again?

What am i doing wrong besides not singing and dancing?

tina

I wouldn't worry about it. You gave them the opportunity to "pick
your brain" and they didn't take advantage of it. Their loss. I also have
found that if they know you will be available during the exam time, they
often don't have questions during the last class. Instead, after they
have gotten into their studying, they will come by my office for help as
problem areas show up.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College