Aluminum and holes

Oops, in my message moments ago, I forgot a PS.

Larry Woolf wrote:

Aluminum is an electron conductor, not a hole conductor. It is used to dope
Si - to make it p-type.

P.S. Note that the behavior of an element as a dopant is almost
completely unrelated to its behavior in bulk. The weird things that
happen in solid state physics are generally collective phenomena.

--
Dr. James McLean phone: (585) 245-5897
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy FAX: (585) 245-5288