Re: Double concave mirror toy- Illuminating a virtual image

Oops! I mean 'ceases' not 'seizes' below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fakhruddin, Hasanbhai
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 2:56 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Double concave mirror toy- Illuminating a virtual image

This illuminating a real image with a laser is really very very inter=
esting. The 'Mirage' toy itself never seizes to amaze the viewers. =
=20

I just realized that to illuminate an image it does not have to be re=
al; a virtual image can similarly be illuminated. Am I right? For =
example, if you shine a flashlight at your image in a plane mirror yo=
u do end up illuminating it!

-Hasan Fakhruddin