Re: Double concave mirror toy

Wow, so many questions:
best to see it for yourself (worth 40$)

My observations:
When the image of the pink pig supplied with the demo is visible above the
hole in the top of the clam shell mirrors, a pen laser is aim directly at
the image. The result is that the laser appears to illuminate the image as
if the pig were actually there. With clean mirrors, it is most convincing.
I have not measured exact angles, but I would estimate that viewing (and
illumintating ) between 30 to 60 degrees produces the best results. Looking
down the hole at the pig while someone else is holding the laser and viewing
the illusion make it very easy to envision the light path.

Apologies to Tom if I said too much (or little)

Scott

S.Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe - Brown Northwood Academy