Summer Chautauqua courses for physics teachers (fwd)

Forwarded from: PHYSLRNR@LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Please direct private queries to Marina.

Good day, everybody!

I would like to remind you that during the summer you can participate in an
exciting program: Chautauqua short courses sponsored by NSF
(http://www.engr.pitt.edu/chautauqua/index.html) This is a great opportunity
to meet with a small group of colleagues teaching similar courses and
revitalize your teaching as well as have a nice summer travel. Your
participation in the course is free (NSF pays for it!).

I know that some of the courses
http://www.engr.pitt.edu/chautauqua/course2002table.html still have room so
you can apply and get accepted. I have taken many Chautauqua courses during
the past few years at the University of TX at Austin and always learned a
lot from them as well as met interesting people. This year I will
participate in a physics teaching course #31: Teach Physics by Replicating
the Process of Science: ALAN VAN HEUVELEN, Ohio State University and EUGENIA
ETKINA, Rutgers University June 9-11, 2002 Memphis, TN

IT IS STILL OPEN!!! And I am sure (I personally know the presenters) it will
be a great course!

Best regards, M.

*************************************
Marina Milner-Bolotin, Ph.D.