Re: Question about light and heat

I like Serway and Beichner's (Physics for Scientists and Engineers,
page 581) straight forward definition:

Heat is the transfer of energy from one object to another object as a
result of a difference in temperature between the two.

Cheers,

Rick Swanson

Richard E. Swanson, Ph.D.
Dean of Instruction
Physics Professor
Sandhills Community College, Pinehurst, NC 28374
swansonr@sandhills.edu (910) 695-3715

FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US 05/01/02 02:03PM >>>
Then what is it? I am talking about heat in one of my classes now...

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429