Question on a problem about Ampere's Law

Hi all
I have a problem from Halliday, Resnick and Wallker 5th ed. that I can't seem to figure out. I have the solutions manual :) and I am not clear on why they integrated over certain paths.

The problem is as follows:
The magnetic field in a certain region is given in milliteslas by B = 3i + 8(x2/d2)j, where x is in meters and d is a constant with the unit of length. Some current must exist in the region to cause the specified B field.
a. Evaluate the integral of B dot ds along the straight path from (d, 0, 0) to (d, d, 0).
b.Let d = 0.5 m in the expression for B and apply Ampere's law to determine what current flows perpendicularly through a square of side length 0.5 m that lies in the first quadrant of the xy plane, with one corner at the origin.
c.Is this current in the +k or -k direction? (18 points)

Now I understand part b and c. But for part a, it says to evaluate the integral from (d,0,0) to (d,d, 0). The solutions manual has 4 integrals. 2 with a dx and 2 with a dy. I think it should just be one dy integral. That B should be integrated over y with limits from 0 to d.
It is alluding me as to why they are inegrating in the x direction

HELP! please
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429