From: Mark Larchez [mailto:LarchezM@UWSTOUT.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 11:29 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: A MC question on EM Induction

At 10:55 AM 2002-04-19 -0500, you wrote:
doing demostration that involves
dropping a magnet through a PVC pipe. An emf is induced in a coil of
wire around the pipe and LED's light up.

This sounds like a neat demo. I'd like to try it. Could I have some hints
about the details, please?

Should I wind the wire around a long section of the pipe and look for
steady light?

Should I wind many turns around a small section near the bottom of the pipe
and watch for a flash of light?

Mark Larchez larchezm@uwstout.edu
Physics Dept. voice or message (715) 232-2153
University of Wisconsin-Stout Dept. Office (715) 232-2626
Menomonie WI 54751 USA fax (715) 232-1437