Re: Why does electrostatic attraction in water decrease?

I don't think my English is very relevant. The effect has been both
recognized and discussed - e.g. in W. Panofsky, M. Phillips, Classical
Electricity and Magnetism, Addison-Wesley, 1962, pp. 111-116. However the
discussion is based on the initial assumption that "all the forces are
conservative" (p. 96). I think this assumption is incorrect for dielectric
liquids (water) in an electrostatic field - there is a non-conservative
pressure that pushes apart the plates of a capacitor immersed in the liquid.
Perhaps my use of "non-conservative" is confusing - people tend to identify
non-conservative force with friction. In this case the paradigm for a
non-conservative force is gas pressure.

Pentcho

hERBERT H GOTTLIEB wrote:

It seems as if the author, Pentcho
Valev has some difficulty with the
English language but it would be helpful if someone could help
translating his equations below.

Herb