Re: Current Flow (shouldn't it be "charge flow?")

on 20/4/02 7:35 PM, William Beaty at billb@ESKIMO.COM wrote:

If we constantly talk as if there were a substance called "current" which
flows through conductors, won't students come to believe that this
substance exists? Yet the "substance" flowing through wires is not called
current, it's called charge.

I know that we've been here (or in a place very much like it) before BUT is
charge a substance?

I, for one, don't believe so. Electrons have the property of mass and
charge. Electrons flow through the wire.

Brian McInnes