summer job opportunity

This position could be filled by a teacher, or by a student with an interest
in teaching. Feel free to pass this along to students who might be
interested!

The National Youth Science Camp has an opening for a "Physical Science
Coordinator." This person should have experience in physical science and an
interest in working with gifted students making the transition from high
school to college. Employment dates would be from June 20 to July 27 in the
beautiful Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia.
The Physical Science Coordinator (1) maintains the physical science building
and equipment (it's a one-room building); (2) provides programming (several
1.5 hour seminars in a variety of topics you choose and up to three "directed
studies" for 8-12 students which are essentially short courses (about 5 hours
spread over 3 days)); (3) chaperones one or two overnight trips to the
National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, WV; (4) assists on one or
two overnight backpacking trips (most gear is provided); (5) participates in
a 3-day trip to Washington, DC, including Smithsonian tours and a Senate
Luncheon hosted by Senator Robert C. Byrd of West Virginia; and (6) has a
lot of fun.
Work with a fun staff providing a great educational experience in a beautiful
setting !
I have held this job for three years and I loved it, but I am unable to
return this summer. If you have any questions about the camp or the job,
e-mail me or write or call the director, Andy Blackwood. You can find the
online application at
http://www.sciencecamp.org/staph/
(ignore the application deadline! apply now!)
my e-mail: FPoodry@aol.com
Andy Blackwood's e-mail and phone:
Office: +1 (304) 442.3018
Home: +1 (304) 343.4576