[no subject]

You can derive the equation from either Ampere's law or the law of Biot
and Savart.
It is not either law, although it can be derived from either one.

The equation given is just the magnetic field due to a long wire at a
distance r from the wire.

Steven T. Ratliff
Professor of Physics
Northwestern College