Re: a fan of "conserved-quantities first"

-- One said "I showed this quiz to my boyfriend who's a
senior in the engineering school, and he couldn't figure
it out." I replied "maybe he should take the course and
learn something." This was not the response she wanted.

Am I the only, extremely disturbed by this response? (for two reasons)

bc who may have missed some posts.

"John S. Denker" wrote:

Chuck Britton wrote:

I have been a fan of 'momentum first' for a decade or so now.

We USE the momentum first sequence for the intro course that is LESS
mathematical that the AP-B course.

A) Thanks for the note.

B) I tried something similar in an Ivy-league
physics-for-nonmajors course.

The sequence went something like this:

cut