Re: a fan of 'momentum first'

Two books that I am aware of use a no-traditional sequence for momentum.

Chabay and Sherwood (Matter and Interactions I, Wiley) introduce
momentum right from the start. They introduce interactions and
Newton's First Law then when they want to quantify it go to the
impulse-momentum principle,
F delta t = delta p

Cummings, Laws, Redish and Cooney (Understanding Physics, Wiley) do
acceleration and Newton's F = m a laws first, but conserve momentum
before they conserve energy.
--
Dr. Vern Lindberg New Area Code Nov 15 585- 716-475-2546
Department of Physics Fax 475-5766

Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.