Re: Query on Neutrinoless Double Beta decay.

In a message dated 4/6/02 2:20:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, jlu@HEP.ANL.GOV
writes:

<< I have a five cent bet with one of my colleagues that the claims of
neutrinoless double-beta decay will "go away". The bet comes after my
reading of the paper. My view is based on experience and intuition,
developed over a half-century of evaluating experimentalists' claims.

My advice. A good experiment really grabs you when you look at the
experimental details.
Regards,
Jack >>
Jack I agree with you on this. However my opinion hardly carries the weight
your does so it's nice to see you agree. It's also my opinion that this mode
of decay will never be observed. This opinion is based on the ideas of Gerald
L. Fitzpatrick which models flavor dynamics in terms of a lorenzian two
space. The Scalar values in this two space are defined as global charges
which in my opinion are always conserved except when flavor mixing occurs.
For example, in neutrino mixing or in the case of Quarks, Cabibbo mixing. It
is well known that if the Cabibbo angle were zero their could be no quark
decays and since leptons have no exact analog to Cabibbo mixing they always
conserve generation number when they decay. His papers are available at LANL
eprint for anyone interested. He is presenting these ideas at the next APS
meeting May 17, 18 in British Columbia.

Bob Zannelli