Re: Explaining Lenz's Law

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
For a loop of current how do you know which way the palm of your hand=
faces...

They are confused and they got me confused...

There are many right hand rules. I don't use the palm rule here, that I
use for the force on a currnt carrying wire or a moving positive charge.

For a loop or coil if you grasp it in your right hand so the fingers
follow the current, the thumb tells the direction of the Magnetic field in
the coil.

Ken Fox