Re: EMF

At 10:56 AM 3/24/02, Bob S wrote:
For what it's worth:
Pedagogically, I always introduced the EMF(S) concept by describing the
mechanism of the linear electromagnetic generator....

the Feynman lectures do much the same thing - EMF is introduced
via QVxB and Faraday's law in Vol II, para 16-1, as if chemical cells did
not exist.

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)

I see that Faraday, like Newton made rather more use of the 'force' term
than we feel comfortable with today. His exploratory terms also included
this one: 'Volta-electricity'.

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!