From: Tina Fanetti [mailto:FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:40 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Virtual and Real Images

Hello all
No matter how I try to explain it to my students, I can't seem to get=
across the differences between a real and virtual image.

I told them that a real image could be formed on a screen, a virtual =
could not. A real image is where light converges. There is no conve=
rgences of light rays at a virtual image.

They are still confused and I am at a loss.

Ideas? Thanks

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429