Re: Calculators

This I would not know..maybe the TI-92.
I have to teach my students how to use their calculaters, that the e^x is not the same thing as EE or EXP.
Also the concept of order of operations seems lost to them with their calculators.
If it were up to me they would be banned.
Course this would further inflame my students...
Tina

<<< FOUAD AJAMI <ajami@NETCOM.CA> 3/12 8:48p >>>

Is there any calculator that will give the two values of inverse trig=
onometric functions?
On the other hand, students should know how to calculate these things=
.
However, it seems that I am spending a lot of time explaining simple =
trigonometric principles in connection with a course in waves.
Same kind of arguments as when we moved from slide rules to calculato=
rs in the 70's.?
<<