Re: Random Number in MS - Word

I will try it and see. I have been give a class of freshman
science and all they want to do is copy the answers from
someone else. I thought if I could quickly generate
several versions or the worksheet it would help to
discourage the behavior. I could and have gone back and
just rwtyped numbers, but it would be nice to press a
button and have all the numbers automatically print.
What is the purpose for the random number? Does it need to
update automatically?

One option would be to "Insert" an Excel worksheet, put
"RAND()" in cell A1, and shrink the "spreadsheet" down to
only show the one cell. Once you click elsewhere in the
word document, you are left with a boxed random number
(0-1). You can add/multiply to get the range you want,
round off, or show however many digits you want.

***You can right click and "format object" to have the
number "float over text" and have other text wrap around it,
or not float over the text, in which case you could put it
in the middle of a paragraph. ***You can double click the
number, hit "F9" to get a new random number.

Does that do what you need?

Tim

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur