Re: Thermal Energy - thermalization of rotational energy

. . .
Prior to my revelation about rotational energy I wasn't bothered very
much
by people who equated internal energy with thermal energy. Now I am
bothered a great deal by it. . . .
Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D

I think those who equate thermal and internal energy are restricting the
discussion to a system all of whose parts are in thermal equilibrium, at a
common temperature. Then the statement becomes a tautology: "Once all of
the internal energy is thermalized them we can equate thermal and internal
energy." (This is part of the semantic mire :)

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor