Re: Weight of compressed air.

Shawn Knudsen wrote:

Quick question for everyone out there. I am looking for the weight of air
in a container that is pressurized to 80 psi. The container is a cylinder
that is 1 foot in length and 9 inches in diameter. I am not concerned about
the weight of the container itself. How well does Boyle's Law hold for air?

The Van der Waals equation constants for nitrogen are a=0.14
and b=39.1 of SI units. Compare what that equation gives you
with what Boyle's equation gives at different pressures to get
the answer. Air probably behaves like pure nitrogen, in the
first approximation. As you probably know, a and b are
empirical constants describing real gases.
Ludwik Kowalski